Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday 3 February 2009

19th January 2009

My first day in SR Beribi Telanai....


One of the lab computer's rules....


Inside the lab...


My cooperating teacher, Teacher Hani.



During my observation, I realised that the students were so talented in making pictures using a Paint Program. I was informed by my cooperating teacher, Ckg Mahani that 1 student will be chosen to be SR Beribi Telanai representative to participate in inter-school ICT competition. Therefore, for 2-3 weeks, she would still be incharged in ICT classes. I would only begin to teach them around 3rd or 4th week of my TP there.

During the class, the teacher would remind them what not to do in the classroom such as "No jumping and drinking in the computer lab". As today was my first opportunity to observe ICT class (I was teaching Maths and English in SR Kiarong last few years), i didn't know what were included in Computer Lab's rules and regulation. In my opinion, the students were reminded every and then because they could remember them all. This recapping was done in front of IWB where students sat on the floor and teacher stand beside IWB where the presentation was projected on.

After the quick gathering, the students were instructed to go to their workstation as assign last week. I reminded myself to copy their names and computer numbers because this was one of Ckg Mahani's way to manage the classroom. Therefore, the students would not fight on each other and who would be whose partner as they were already assigned to specific workstation. Ckg Mahani also walked around in case the students have any difficulties. If the students had something to ask, they were taught not to shout the teacher's name but put a cup on top of their monitor. I found out this was also interesting as it would control the students' loudness during classroom activity. But my only concern is how would the teacher realised which student need the urgency or not.

At the end of the lesson, they were instructed to clean up the computer table and stand straight beside their chair. This was her way on how to make the students lined up and get out from the classroom in manageable way.

No comments: