Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday 25 August 2008

My 3rd Week

My third day in school, on 25th August 2008, I was totally wacky and exhausted. I was being informed by a teacher that I was going to take over Ckg Dalela’s period. I was not ready for any of that. In addition, I haven’t had any teaching experience. My first period was with Primary Two Green (satisfaction level). As I came in, I set up a simple icebreaking. I started introduced myself and tell them a brief description about me, continued by each one of them. As I tried to memorizing their names, it looked like they started to communicate with me, like telling me the one who cheated a lot in a class, troublemaker and etc. It lasted for about 10-15 minutes before I started the class.

With today’s experience, only then I understood the importance of preparing lesson plan before you came into the classroom. A teacher needs to have this to guide on what and how to teach a lesson. I could also help teachers to teach confidently and feel more secure, reduce uncertainty and anxiety. With lesson plan, various teaching methods/ strategies can be prepared to suit the needs of the pupils.

No comments: